When building a new deck, it’s important to consider all of the details. The most common type of composite decking is made from recycled plastic and wood fibres. Composite Decking Sydney is often less expensive than real wood because they’re made from recycled materials, but they also have fewer maintenance costs because they don’t require sanding or staining like real wood does. If you’re thinking about building a new deck, here are some things to keep in mind:
What type of Composite Decking do you want?
Composite decking consists of recycled plastic, which is moulded into a variety of shapes and sizes for different uses. There are three main types of composite decking:
- Polyethylene (PE) decking is the most common type, made from recycled plastic bottles. It’s lightweight, easy to install and resistant to mould and mildew.
- PVC/vinyl decking has a durable surface suitable for all weather conditions. It’s also easy to install and doesn’t need maintenance like oil, or other finishes do—you can simply hose it down after use!
- Aluminium grating is made from aluminium wire woven together with a mesh backing that makes it strong enough for heavy foot traffic but still looks attractive when installed over concrete patio slabs or sand-filled gravel bases with corner posts in a place where needed, so there are no unsightly gaps between sections; this type of aluminium grating comes in various colours including black zinc finish coating powder coatings as well as standard aluminium colour options like white grey brown copper bronze green blue red yellow orange pink purple etc.
How about the railing?
Railing height is also a consideration. Most building codes require a railing around decks at least 36 inches high, and many people choose to have a taller railing for added protection against falls. The height of your deck will depend on where you live and what kind of furniture you plan to use on the deck. If it is close to your house, then a 4-foot tall railing may be sufficient for most families; if it is far away from the house or has low-to-the-ground seating areas like benches or chairs, then 6 feet would be safer.
Railing materials are another important consideration: wood railings will last longer than composite ones, but they require maintenance (painting or staining) every few years; metal rails can rust over time; composite railings won’t decay as wood does, but they aren’t as sturdy as real wood either–so choosing one material over another really depends on your preferences and budget!
Where are you going to build your deck?
Before you begin the actual construction process, there are some things to consider. These include location, sun exposure, wind exposure and soil type. You should also take into account the slope of the land, view of the land and surrounding area. The privacy of your surroundings should also be considered.
How far off the ground do you want your deck?
This might seem like a silly question, but it’s worth considering because there’s no one-size-fits-all answer. If you’re building a deck for children to play on and be safe from their parents’ prying eyes, then choosing a lower height is probably best. But if your goal is to build an outdoor area that’s more of an extension of the living space indoors, then going higher may be better suited for your needs.
Do you need stairs for your deck?
If you want to be able to access your Composite Decking Melbourne from a lower level, then yes. You will need to build stairs and a landing (the flat area at the bottom of the stairs) as part of the project. If you don’t have a lower level or it’s not possible to access your deck via stair, then no—there is no need to include them in your design.
If you do plan on building stairs, here are some things to consider:
- Stairs should have at least 36 inches of headroom so that people can walk through without bumping their heads on each step.
- You should also make sure they’re solid enough that they won’t sag under heavy use over time (if they do start sagging after construction has been completed). If these criteria aren’t met, it could mean trouble down the line when maintenance needs arise later down the line—so make sure this happens before construction begins!
Composite Decking Melbourne is a great addition to any home. It can be used for entertaining, enjoying the outdoors and many other purposes. If you are considering building a deck or just have some questions about composite decking, we hope this article has helped!