It’s impossible to be a good marketer without a creative agency Auckland. But how do you choose between the hundreds of agencies out there?
You could just wing it and hope for the best. Or, you could take a more scientific approach: ask yourself some questions about what makes an effective creative agency. Then figure out what your needs are and find an agency that meets them perfectly!
What’s a creative agency?
A creative agency is a company that provides creative services for advertising, marketing and design. They help clients develop their branding, advertising and marketing campaigns. They can also help with website development, social media marketing and more.
How are they different?
This is why it’s important to differentiate between agencies.
- Creative agencies are different from marketing agencies. A creative agency will create your entire brand identity and design your website, but they won’t have the expertise or experience in paid ads (or if they do, it will be limited).
If you need help with paid advertising campaigns or SEO, you may need to hire someone else for those services.
- Creative agencies are different from design agencies. Design agencies specialize in web design and development; however, many of them don’t have the resources available for strategic planning or social media management.
- This can leave a lot of room for error when trying to build an effective digital marketing strategy from scratch—especially if you don’t know how each piece fits together yet!
- Creative agencies are different from advertising agencies (which as we mentioned earlier focus on branding/advertising campaigns).
While most ad firms provide excellent creative services too (like TV commercials), their main focus tends only toward one aspect: getting people talking about whatever product being advertised at that moment–which isn’t always enough depending on one’s overall goals
What makes them stand out?
At their best, creative agencies are a unique combination of business and art. Their work should reflect that.
This means you should be able to get a sense of the agency’s aesthetic by looking at their website or portfolio. If they don’t have one, that’s probably not the right agency for your needs.
You can also ask them about past projects, but try not to do this until after meeting with them in person—it’s pretty hard to get a sense of an agency’s style via email alone (and if they are good at what they do, chances are that’ll shine through in their communication).
Some questions you may want to consider as part of this step:
- What kinds of clients do you serve? Do any stand out among others? What made these people choose your company over other options?
- How would you describe your own style? Is it clear from looking at examples of your previous work? Is there anything unusual or unexpected about it—in other words, does it bring anything new-and-exciting into the conversation beyond just being high quality?
What do they specialise in?
As you narrow down your list, ask yourself: what do they specialise in? Do they have a background in digital marketing or content marketing?
Do they do a lot of advertising, or is it just graphic design and copywriting? That will give you a sense of the types of projects they’re used to working on.
There are a lot of creative agency Auckland out there, and it’s tempting to just pick one at random. But as we’ve seen, if you really want your campaign to be effective then you need to do your research.
Find out what makes them stand out from their competitors and how they can help you achieve your goals. Don’t be afraid to ask questions or talk things over with the team before deciding whether or not they’re right for your business!