• Wed. Dec 7th, 2022

Interesting Facts And Figures About Junking A Car

Do you have a car that is no longer useful to you? If so, the best way to dispose of it is by junking it by Car Removal Melbourne expert. Junking a car involves selling your vehicle to a specialised company that can reuse or recycle most of its parts.

The following are some facts about junking cars:

Cars Are the Most Recycled Item

Did you know that, according to the survey, cars are the most recycled item in the world? In fact, they’re recycled more than any other item. When a car is junked, it’s generally taken apart and sent out to be recycled into various components that can be used elsewhere in manufacturing.

With so many people looking for alternatives to landfills and trash piles for their old vehicles, there are plenty of options for safely and responsibly disposing of your vehicle.

If you need help deciding where to take your old car for best value for money on its recycling process, then head over to Car Removal Melbourne company near by you.

Auto Recycling Saves At least 85 Million Barrels of Oil Every Year

The average car owner uses more than 1,000 gallons of oil in a lifetime. Recycling your car and its parts can help conserve the earth’s resources and save at least 85 million barrels of oil every year. This is equal to consuming more than 50 million trees!

When you junk a car, it will be dismantled and salvaged for reused or recycled parts. The typical car contains 20 pounds of steel, 4 pounds of aluminium, and 1 pound of copper among other metals that can be recycled when they’re taken apart.

Car Removal Melbourne

Only 80% of a Vehicle Can Be Recycled

While it’s true that most of your car can be recycled, the reality is that only 80% of an automobile can be made into new products. The remaining 20% is non-recyclable and consists mainly of two parts: engines and transmissions.

These metal components contain metals that are not recyclable due to their chemical makeup or because they’re too small to be economically viable to separate from other materials. In fact, these engine parts are so difficult to recycle that they often end up in landfills anyway!

If you want to sell your car for cash, selling it through a dealer may not be the best option

Perhaps you’ve heard of the phrase “sell your car for cash.” This is a common expression used when referring to the process of selling a vehicle. However, most people don’t know that there are actually many different Car Removal Melbourne options for getting rid of an old car.

If you want to sell your car for cash, selling it through a dealer may not be the best option—even if they offer you a good price up front.

That said, there are many other ways to make money off of your vehicle as well as its parts and accessories before sending it off to be recycled or dismantled by Car Removal specialists.

It’s clear that there are a lot of facts and figures to know about junking cars. Even though it can be overwhelming at times, we hope this article has given you some helpful information on making the best decision for your car. Remember, if you need help getting rid of your vehicle, contact Car Removal Melbourne company today!

Sponsors Links